Sunday, October 16, 2011

Evolution of Flash

I was sitting on my couch with my roommates this morning, and I asked them what they thought when they heard motion graphics/animation. They both said “ASDF” and I had no idea what they were talking about. I looked up “ASDF” and saw that it was a flash movie. There are several of them and they are insanely popular some with over 20 million views. I found it fascinating that even though flash animations originated in the early 1990’s they are still so popular. Sites like Newgrounds are primarily all amateur flash animations. I did some research and found that the first ever-flash animation show was “The George Liquor Program”. The same creator as Ren and Stimpy produced it. It was somewhat crude humor, but its interesting that it was much more detailed than the ASDF flash, yet had only 16,000 views compared to the 20 million.

Here is ASDF


Here is George Liquor Program

No comments :

Post a Comment