Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sean Kinnear

The television show opening I chose to use for the first project is from the series American Dreams.

It was one of those shows that I would always look forward to watching every week and was very disappointed when the series was cancelled. When we started working on the opens on Wednesday, it made me wonder about what went in to creating the open as well as visual effects in the show.

Sean Kinnear is listed as visual effects crew on 36 episodes of American Dreams (the most out of any other crew listed). I decided to search for him on Internet Movie Database and felt surprised by the information I found. There never seemed to be a large audience of American Dreams viewers, at least out of my friends, and it was cancelled because of low ratings, so I was sort of expecting to see their crew working on small projects I'd never heard of. However, Sean Kinnear boasts such credits as visual effects for Soul Surfer and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.

To me, it's proof that no matter where you begin in the industry, you can climb the ladder. From a show cancelled after only 3 seasons, with unnoticeable visual effects to the untrained eye, to a movie that earned $125,017,327 in the United States on opening weekend alone and is very obviously filled with beautiful effects, is certainly inspiring to all media-focused individuals our age.

1 comment :

  1. I was sorry about it being canceled also. I was mostly responsible for the "Virtual Vietnam" shots and not the opening. Good luck on your project. If you need anything you can email me with any questions.

    ReplyDelete