Monday, October 31, 2011

Motion Graphics Showreel

So I came across this motion graphics guy's showreel from 2007 on Youtube. I haven't seen too many reels for motion graphics, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it seems pretty cool. The video description says that it's a mix of his personal and commercial stuff.


I think my favorite part is the recycling bin logo coming off the bin and the face effects that show up towards the beginning of the reel. He also seems to really like camera mapping (at least I think that's what it's called), the zooming in and out of a series of 2-D images to create a 3D world. He seems to do that a lot, especially with tree branches. The video that comes up first on his channel is like that as well- it uses what looks like paper cutouts stacked on top of each other to make a layered environment. I think it's cool that he has that as his favorite technique, it makes you recognize his work more easily. If I find any other reels that have patterns or techniques/looks that they seem to favor, I'll post them, too.

No comments :

Post a Comment