Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Nuit Blanche - Arev Manoukian

A friend of mine showed me this short film the other day, saying it is one of the most beautiful things he has ever seen. I wasn't sure what to expect but he was definitely correct in saying it is beautiful. "Nuit Blanche" is only about 4 minutes long but explores the simple concept of two people sharing a connection and does so in such a unique way. Everything about it is so thought out and so visually stunning. It has a film noir feel to it and as I was watching it, I couldn't help but admire all the lighting and intense contrast. Here is the film:



What's even better is the director, Arev Manoukian, also has a video that shows the making of "Nuit Blanche" in great detail. Practically all of it is animation and it is amazing to see all of the different layers that went into creating this world. It is such a visually complex piece and I have watched it multiple times just to take it all in. I definitely recommend you all check it out!

Here is the "Making Of" video:


No comments :

Post a Comment