Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hancock

As I was perusing through some After Effects special effects downloads, I came across a pretty interesting effect that I suppose I never thought of After Effects being used for: the entrance for Will Smith's character Hancock in the movie, appropriately named, Hancock. Those who have seen the movie or even previews are aware of how Hancock's character tends to make his entrance noticed in the movie.


Hancock's character usually comes crashing down from the sky, resulting in destruction. On the website AE Tuts, they show how After Effects can be used to create a similar result.



The website comes with the downloadable source material and complete tutorial of how to do it, which I found interesting. Unfortunately not all of the material on the website is free, such is life. Either way, it is a cool effect that doesn't appear to be as difficult as I would have imagined.

No comments :

Post a Comment