Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Love & Hate"

After watching "Nuit Blanche" in class last week, I wanted to see more work by Arev Manoukian. I couldn't believe that something so awesome (for lack of a better word) wasn't ever shown to me before, had never come up in my [almost] four years at Park, or something I hadn't found for myself on the internet. In my search I found the opening Manoukian directed for the Advertising & Design Club of Canada awards.


Again, Manoukian demonstrates great control and attention to detail. The beginning of the video reminds me of the particles effect, but they're pieces of paper that finally pause in time. One of my favorite moments is when we're watching the suspended papers and the focus is on one page with a drawing on it. Even when we get the close ups of the employees, take a look at how many papers are in the background. I was pleased to read that Manoukian received an award for his work on the this opening... a Gold at the Bessie Awards.

No comments :

Post a Comment